The Mystic Krewe is always engaged in various projects at various levels. We love to learn and share.
Below is a sampling of the active projects taking place within the Mystic Krewe. These are not all that’s going on. If you would like to participate, contact us.
- Video Editing & Production Study Group – ongoing weekly meetings to learn beginner, basic and advanced videography, using HD cameras and Adobe Creative Suite CS6 (Premier Pro, After Affects, Photoshop, etc.)
- Pinball Repair – Ongoing sessions showcasing basic and advanced pinball and video game repairs. Members come by at their leisure and we tackle various projects.
- Music Group – MK members comprise a number of popular bands in the area as well as aspiring musicians. We regularly assemble to learn, teach, share and jam in the studio.
- Basic Electronics/Micro Controllers by example – We’re working with the Beaglebone microcomputer, the next generation over the Raspberry Pi, and learning basic electronics and embedded systems by developing a few simple and useful devices. Our flagship product will be a super-intelligent custom A/C thermostat/humidistat.
- Computer-controlled DMX systems – Using computers to control lights and FX controllers.
- Stained Glass Workshop – preparing for a class on how to make stained glass art.
- ProTools and audio recording systems – The ongoing setup and configuration of our multi-track digital studio and podcasting system.
- Construction and woodworking – We are designing and building custom desks and other fixtures, as well as working on unique artistic pieces and furniture to resell.
- Mobile Applications Development – Android and IOS development groups are forming to begin learning and designing mobile apps, forming business ventures around these projects.
- …. and more!