Mystic Krewe Pinball Parlor LEAGUE!
We will be setting up new leagues soon in our new location – stay tuned for announcements!
Questions/comments? E-mail league@nolapinball-dott-com.
LEAGUE WILL START SOME TIME AFTER MARDI GRAS SEASON – it will go every Wednesday for at least 10 weeks – once you sign up you’ll be on our mailing list of announcements and details
Leagues will be every Wednesday, 7pm at the Broad theater, starting TBA. You do not need to attend every league event. Players will qualify for the finals based on points of the top x nights they participated in. The more you show up though, the better your chances to get more points.
Join our Google group mailing list to receive news and announcements on the league:
- Registration fee is non-refundable and is one-time per season.
- League will go for ~12 weeks
- Registrants will be able to attend a special end-of-season after party, with other benefits TBA
- Leagues will be weekly, registrants will have access to a calendar and other resources
- No obligation to compete or show up for any/all events. At the end of the season, a players top x finishes will be used so that those who do want to get int he finals but are unable to attend every league night will still have a chance
- Casual / fun play – everybody helps each other – don’t be intimidated if you’re new to competitive pinball – this league is for you!
- Individual league nights will have a variety of tournament types at the discretion of the director that night. Options include standard bracketed head-to-head competition, team-based competition, pin-golf, or machine qualifications (where not everybody has to be in attendance to qualify – just post a score on a machine in a certain time period).
- There may be a small entrance fee (i.e. $2-$5) on individual league nights if the participants agree, so that there may be a cash prize also available to winners – at present it’s looking like there may not be an event-based fee, but if participants want an additional cash prize for the evening’s event, that may be an option if all agree.
- There will also be food and drink specials at Kebab for competitors
- Winners of each league event will be tabulated and awarded points based on their finishing position. Our scale is: 100 points for first, 95 for second, 92 for third, etc.
- We will take the top 8 finishes for each competitor to determine the overall ranking and qualifications for the finals of the league. This allows people to miss league events and still potentially qualify for the finals. It’s more important that people enjoy playing so we will encourage all types of players, even casual ones who can’t attend every event.
- The finals for the season will be TBA with extra special prizes and fun!
- The league may or may not be IFPA sanctioned – up to the tournament organizers (feel free to inquire), but regardless we will follow standard IFPA rules regarding tournament operation.
For more information see the IFPA Rules.
Register For the League Here:
There is a $20 registration fee – this goes to cover IFPA fees and prizes for award winners in the finals.
Note that users will be responsible for credits on the games during competition – standard game prices will be in play, typically from .25 to $1 depending upon the game. There will usually be prizes for winners of each weekly competition (i.e. free movie passes, etc. – limited to the same person no more than once per 2 weeks). There will also be drink and food specials during league tournaments – check the Broad Theater for more details.
Register here for league ($20) – no other charges except to play games at the locations.