PIN-GOLF is a fun, new way for people to compete individually and play in teams, encouraging more-skilled players to help those new to the sport. We will play a round of 5-6 “holes” of golf on different pinball machines, each with its own objective, and the players who reach each machine objective in the lowest number of balls played, will record the better scores. The team with the best overall (low stroke) score will win the team competition. However, individual results will be reported to the IFPA for international ranking.
There will be team-based competition, putting experienced with non-experienced players so everybody will have fun. Over half the participants will leave with a trophy!
DETAILS: Saturday Aug 29th, 2315 St. Claude. New Orleans, LA.
Doors open at 11am. Tournament starts at 4pm (please check in by at least 3:30pm).
The venue is the Mystic Krewe Pinball Parlor at 2315 St. Claude Avenue in the St. Roch area of New Orleans. The space is shared with an amazing restaurant/bar called “Kebab” and they have awesome food, so feel free to come early and have a great lunch!
We will be using the games that are in the MKPP as of now, possibly with one unknown one. So you can practice on the games any time until the day of the tourney. As long as there are no malfunctions, we anticipate using the existing games in the space for the tournament.
NOTICE: Because of this format we are limiting the number of registrants! People will be put in teams of 3-4 and prizes will be per team. Be sure to register early to insure your spot!
Since this is a public venue and a restaurant/bar, no outside food or drink will be allowed, but there will be plenty to eat and drink in the place .
- Players will be put in groups of 3 or 4. Each player plays for the target score/objective indicated on the score card. The number of balls played to reach the objective/score will be counted as “Strokes”
- Groups will be set up by IFPA seed with top-ranked players grouped with lower-ranked players. Un-ranked players will be randomly seeded.
- Each game will count as one hole played. When the group is done on a hole it will move on down to the next one. Each round will be 5-6 games (holes)
- Game objectives will vary from game to game. It will usually be a certain score, but sometimes it can be achieving a certain objective in the game (i.e. starting multi-ball or a certain mode).
- When a target score/objective is reached, the player will stop playing and record the number of strokes (balls) – any remaining balls in the game will be skipped/plunged/passed.
- We may drop one set of scores, so for example if there are 6 holes, we may take everybody’s top 5 scores; we may drop more in the event any machines malfunction and make it impossible for everybody to play an equal number of machines.
- The games will be a mix of old and new
- There is a course maximum of 7 Pin-Strokes per Pin-Hole. Should you not reach the Target Score after playing six balls, record a score of 7 and move on to the next Pin-Hole.
- It may take multiple games to reach the Target Score/objective. In this case, any additional games played will be added to the score accumulated from previous games.
- Extra Balls are NOT counted: If a player earns an extra ball, this will be counted as an additional Pin-Stroke if needed.
- Player delays- Since this is a one day tournament we need to keep things moving. Please stay close to the tournament area during rounds. Any player that is not at the game when it is their turn will have their ball plunged after 3 minutes which will count as a stroke.
- If a player passes the Target Score and continues to play subsequent balls of that game, those additional balls will be counted as additional
Pin-Strokes on that Pin-Hole. Please keep things moving by stopping play once target score achieved and letting the other players play their balls.
- The player with the lowest score at a Pin-Hole takes the honor of playing first on the following Pin-Hole. The competitor with the second lowest score plays next and so on. If two or more competitors have the same score at a Pin-Hole, the play in the same order as the previous Pin-Hole.
- Anyone caught cheating will be bounced from the Tourney. Everyone is expected to be on their best behavior.
- Tilting someone elses ball will result in a one stroke penalty for the offender. The player whose ball was tilted will wait until their turn is up again and play with 1 stroke subtracted from their score.
- A player playing someone else’s ball will result in a 1-stroke penalty. BE SURE it’s your turn when you step up to play.
- Slam tilting a game in progress will result in a 3 stroke penalty. A second offense will result in a disqualification from the tournament.
- Bang backs and death saves are not allowed.IFPA rankings will be submitted individually, but awards will be given based on team play. The group with the lowest number of strokes for the round will be awarded first place, second place for the next lowest, etc.An additional prize will be awarded for the winners from the top 8 competitors who will compete amongst themselves in a second round of PinGolf with higher thresholds.
- Terms of the rules may be subject to change on the day of the tournament in order to accommodate unforseen circumstances, game problems, player shortages, etc.
Any additional comments or questions send an e-mail to tournaments at mystickrewe period com.